Saturday, April 21, 2018

Special gift box

Hi there,

Today I am sharing a step by step procedure to make a circular gift box and that too from empty tape rolls. I have used Graphic 45 pattern paper for this. So next time the tape runs out, use it to make a beautiful gift box.



Tutorial:



I took two empty rolls for my project.


I took a strip of normal printer paper measuring 2 cm wide, and placed it around the roll to find out the length of paper required.



 I drew a line around the outer edge to mark the lid and cut it across using a cutter. I used another empty roll for the base.


I sanded the edges to remove frayed edges and smoothen them





Traced the outer edge of the base and also the lid on a chipboard piece and cut them out.


I sanded the edges of chipboard and stuck it to the lid and the base.





Remove the paper and sand the inner side of the lid so that it fits easily to the base while closing.




Decorated with paper and embellishments and Voila!! a beautiful gift box is ready! 
I used 'Vintage Hollywood' 8 x 8 paper pack. Here are few better pictures.





Thank you for stopping by. Hope you liked my upcycled project. Till next time - Happy crafting!!


Gayatri

2 comments:

  1. Gosh I love this clever little gift box Gayatri! It's stunning hun. Amazing to see your process too and I LOVE that you recycled some otherwise useless packaging to create this! So brilliant!! Hugs, Wends xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Mixed Media layout

 Hello, Today I am sharing my DT inspiration post for Splashymix Challenges. I have made a layout measuring 8"x 8". The mood board...